Michelle and Kody’s wedding at Willow Ridge Manor, just outside of Denver, reflected them well; low-key, down to earth, and real. They wanted their pictures to be the same, no silliness or staged moments, just honest documentary photography of their wedding. Which always makes me happy.
Lauren and Joe’s Bluemont, Virginia wedding was at her father’s farm in Loudoun County, between Paris and Leesburg. Together they created Grimm Artisanal Ales, a Brooklyn-based nomadic brewery which has been absurdly successful in international competitions. Like their relationship, it was a day of friendship and sincerity, with a bit of fireworks.
Emily and Phil had an intimate wedding at the Grant-Humphreys Mansion in Denver. It’s a beautiful wedding venue in Capitol Hill, across the street from the Governor’s Mansion. It was a simple ceremony officiated by a friend, with cocktails on the veranda, with dinner and toasts in the main hall and dancing in the ballroom. Everything that was needed, with nothing more. Classy.
Find out more about FotoVisura Grant, a competition for documentary photography.
Thanks to competition judges:
- Elizabeth Cheng Krist, Senior Photo Editor, National Geographic Magazine
- William Ewing, Director of Curatorial Projects, Thames & Hudson
- Simon Barnett, Director of Photography, CNN Digital
- MaryAnne Golon, Director of Photography and Assistant Managing Editor, The Washington Post
- Caroline Smith, Director of Photography, Marie Claire Magazine
- Patricia Nagy Travieso, Executive Editor, Elle Magazine
- Adriana Teresa Letorney, Co-Founder, FotoVisura